Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Vatican City (The Holy See)


Forgive me father, for I have sinned. In the Vatican, I did three bad things that will send me to hell, but since I am not religous, I couldn't bring myself to go into the confession booth. So instead, I'll confess to the world:

Sin #1: Cutting the line into the basilica (saved perhaps an hour or so)
Sin #2: Cutting the line to get into the basilica again (saved 30 min or so)
Sin #3: Kicking a guy whilst in the basilica and almost starting a fight

I'm just so ashamed at myself I'm not even going to go into details here. However, if you want to know how to do Sin #1 & 2 so you get right up to the security checkpoint without standing in line, let me know and I'll give you details. If you insist on standing in line though, they seemed to be much shorter in the afternoons (Tip #1).

My poor, unexcusable behavior aside, I must say that the day we spent in the Vatican was the favorite part of my trip this weekend. The basilica was just beautiful inside. The view from the top of the cupola was also nice. The walk up was interesting too. (Tip #2: don't pay the 3 extra euros for the lift - it only takes you half way up.) The Vatican Museum, most of which you are forced to go through to get to the Sistine Chapel, also houses some really nice art work. Thumbs up to the Vatican.

The pictures are with the Rome ones.

1 comment:

  1. You sinner! sins #1 and #2 I can understand, but - #3??? total no-no!

    ReplyDelete