Sunday, October 8, 2006

No ice cream in LHR terminal 3

I flew home yesterday to ORF via London Heathrow. I had about an hour layover in LHR and I was really craving ice cream. I circled the terminal at least twice for a good ice cream shop but they have none!!! I had to settle for one of those pre-packaged ice cream sold at a coffee shop which cost me almost $6! And the thing was only like 175ml (tiny) and not that good. Very annoying.

The flight itself was pretty smooth. Edible food and X-Men: The Last Stand was on. I've been wanting to watch that for a while now. Got home pretty late at night and everyone was already asleep. I went up to my oldest niece's room (she's 10 now) as they had prepared a bed for me there. As I went to turn off the lights, I noticed I was being stared at by Jesse McCartney and the likes from all corners of the room. I'm trying to remember what kind of posters I had as a kid. It was so long ago I really don't remember. Definitely wasn't NKOTB though.

This morning I spent some time chilling with my family. My youngest niece bought this barbie doll that comes with a dog that poops. And it comes with a pooper scooper!! This would be great toys for kids in the Netherlands. They should learn to pick after their dogs from early on.

Now I'm off to do some serious shopping. I hate shopping in the Hague 'cuz everything is expensive, and the shops are crowded, and nothing will probably fit (Dutch people are tall). I've gotta do all the shopping for winter and spring while I am here. It's mission impossible but gotta do it.

3 comments:

  1. Try one of the biggest outlet centres in Holland: Bataviastad (www.bataviastad.nl). Great goods at great prices. Should have something that would fit you as well. Trendy stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit deGaulle you would be more dissapointed than that!
    terrible!
    Bt:w after having eaten ice-cream in the US-I know what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking from an American man's point of view (concerning shopping for clothes in Den Haag), I must say I agree. But for different reasons. Not only are the Dutch very tall, but the men are apparently very skinny in their upper bodies (specifically the shoudlers). I mean, I'm not a big guy (by American standards), and I have yet to find a decently tailored shirt. And money is not an option. These guys just need to pump some iron.

    ReplyDelete