Saturday, November 11, 2006

Greece... again

I just got back from another trip to Greece for work - this time for a week. The trip was a bit more pleasant this time around than last with significantly less frustrations. Although, I did get stranded at the Athens airport by a co-worker on my way in. We are working at a site 3 hours away from the airport and a colleague who was already there was supposed to come get me but he was nowhere to be found upon my arrival. When I called him his reply was "I don't know anything about that." Excuse me?? Are you f***ing sh***ing me?!?!? I was furious. I had to hitch a ride with a group of people from UK who also happenned to be going to the same place. In the end though, they turned out to be really nice people and I ended up hanging out with them on my time off. It could've been pretty boring otherwise. So I guess in a way it was a blessing in disguise.

The plan really was for me to work all week, but because Wednesday was some sort of a day off for the people we were dealing with, I decided to take the day off too. Couple of those guys I met were going to Ancient Olympia for the afternoon, so I joined them on that trip. It's the site of the original Olympic games, and the lighting of the torch ceremony for the modern Olympics are still held there today. Olympia is also the site where the statue of Zeus, one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, used to reside.

Aside from that, not much went on. I stayed in a nice 4 star resort since it was off-peak and seriously discounted. Much better than the dumps I stayed at on the last trip :P It had a nice gym (for a hotel) so I went almost everyday. The food was also awesome and included with the stay. It was one of those buffets with all sorts of choices. I also had a room with a ocean view and the place had really beautiful sunsets (the kind where the sky turns all red.) I love sunsets....

No comments:

Post a Comment