Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I actually had an early Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday with my usual group of American friends since several of them were going to be away this week on a business trip. Of course we had to have a turkey, as well as all the usual trimmings - mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc. There was 11 or 12 of us, and just like back home, most of the boys had to stop and watch the (American) football game a bit. It was a very nice evening, and many thanks to Kathy, who for some reason decided to do all the cooking on her own.

As for today though, it wasn't a very traditional Thanksgiving. They didn't even have turkey at lunch :( It was a bit of a stressful and late day in the office, followed by a dinner at a Japanese restaurant with a fellow American. But today is a day to be thankful, which I don't do enough of. So it's time for me to start, even if it's just once a year. Here goes:

I am thankful this year for...
  • my health and that of my family and all of my friends
  • a job I actually like and a wonderful boss
  • having been able to travel so much... again
  • the secret luck I had in Greece
  • the spices in my life
  • my brother being able to sell his condo
  • the same brother's first child being born
  • my other nieces
  • Skype, Instant Messaging, and e-mail
  • my best friend's wedding
  • passing my black belt test without dying
  • skating through my Masters degree
  • my new friends
  • my mom's happiness
  • a cozy and warm apartment (the best feeling is when I step into my house when it's cold out)
  • my big bathroom
  • the commissary and APO address
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • and all my wonderful friends who stay in touch and think of me even when I'm miles away

I'm sure I left a lot of things out, but it's my bed time so this will have to do for now.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. very nice list... happy Thanksgiving, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super thankful for my new friends too! Just when I think... WHY ME? I see it isn't just me... It is WHY US? :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list. Nice to see all the good things you see in live! I'm very happy with your secret luck in Greece aswell, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful boss? What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete