Friday, September 14, 2007

One Week To Go

By this time today, I should be on US soil, waiting to catch the last leg of my flight back to VB - and boy I cannot wait. After Switzerland, I've pretty much seen everything I needed to see in Europe to keep me satisfied for some time. I think I've checked out sometime ago and it's been a struggle to stay motivated at work. Although, the beuracracies of my work place never actually gave me any reason why I should be motivated. It's been four and a half month now since I made the decision to jump ship, and I'm just really really really ready to get on with my new life. I stayed this long only for the events of last week in Norway, and now that it's over with, I wish I could fly out now. Good-byes are always hard, and I'm not looking forward to next week. Generally, I always presume my paths will cross with some people again and that it's not really a good-bye. Still, it would be easier if I could just sneak out. I'm pretty good at keeping in touch with people anyways, and those who are my true friends will always be my friends.

On a brighter note, I'm looking forward to my life back in the U.S. There's a lot I want to do - develop my career, learn Spanish, take up martial-arts again, go for my PhD (maybe), do volunteer work, etc. I have a lot of friends near DC to catch up with too. Of course, there's also my brothers and their family who I haven't seen in almost a year.

Perhaps I will change my blog title to 'Living in America.' Having said that, I have no intention of stopping travel. I will be more limited in my vacation time back home but I will just have to make the most of what I have. For the moment, I am thinking about a Guatemala/Belize trip in the spring, and then a China trip in the fall. Until then, I'm stuck going where my work might take me, or places I can go on weekends. Will I survive??

No comments:

Post a Comment