Friday, September 7, 2007

Ørland, Norway

I just got back from a 10 day trip up to Ørland for work. Unfortunately, I have nothing exciting to report. However, I think it's the highest latitude I've ever been in. At 64 degrees North, I was still some ways away from the Arctic circle, but it was full blown winter there by my standards. It didn't get much more than 50 degrees there each day. The weather was also crap - it rained everyday. I didn't see sunshine until today during the layover in Copenhagen, which felt like the carribeans after being up in Ørland. Anyways, everyday was spent working all day, some days a bit longer than usual working days. At night I'd meet up with colleagues for dinner, and that would usually be about it. I'd slip in an occasional episode of 24 but there wasn't a whole lot of time for much else. Didn't help that I came down with a cold as soon as I got there. The first few days were pretty rough for me. The one day I had off, it was pissing rain so didn't do much then either. Not that there was much to do there anyways even if I wanted to. There are couple of hills (not the high mountains you'd expect in Norway) and an old fortress, that's about it. Yeah, so it was bit of a lame trip. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Another rant, D?... :-)
    BTW: you missed 2 hours of excellent weather today!! haha!

    ReplyDelete