Sunday, December 3, 2006

Aachener Weihnacht Markt

Today, a few of us went to Aachen, Germany to check out the Christmas markets. These markets supposedly go on all over Germany but we went to the one closest to us - just 2.5 hrs away close to the Dutch-German border. There were many booths selling cute Christmas type stuff like ornaments, sweets, and miscellaneous knick-knacks. Lucky for me, I am resistant to shopping temptations since I dislike shopping. I bought a few ornaments in hopes that some day I will have a Christmas tree again. (I don't plan on being ever being around the Hague for the Christmas so I will probably never have a tree while I'm here.) There are also many German food stands, too, where you can get tasty wursts, pizza, warm drinks, etc. If you're ever near Germany around Christmas time, I totally recommend going to one of these markets at least once. Especially if you actually like shopping....

1 comment:

  1. It makes me sad that you won't have a Christmas tree! You shoudl driveto teh base in Limburg and pikc up one of those little trees to put in your house.

    ReplyDelete