Sunday, March 25, 2007

Madurodam & Magic Ice Zoo

I've been here well over a year in total now, and I finally got around to hitting Madurodam. It is basically a miniature Holland - something for tourists and kids. I had planned to wait until someone visited me and take them to it, but they are currently holding a special ice sculpture exhibition so I decided not to wait any longer. (Besides, all of my friends are being lame and not visiting.)



Madurodam hosts the exhibition of these life size ice sculptures by Chinese artists every once in a while. This year, the theme is Animal Kingdom so most of the sculptures are of animals. The sculptures pale a bit in comparison to the sculptures I saw in the Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan, but they were still nice. At least nicer than Madurodam itself. The park itself is quite small for a 13 euro entrance fee and I wasn't too impressed with it. Since the ice sculpture exhibition was included tho, it made it worth going.




The exhibition runs until 28 May 2007. Bring warm clothes and gloves if you go - I was freezing my butt off in there.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, yeah, it's really one of hollands better attractions ;) Those ice sculptures look pretty nice though. Hm, they could make for some interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that staying off Madurodam is lame, D! :)

    ReplyDelete