Monday, August 6, 2007

Aveda in the Hague

If you're looking for a good place to go get your hair cut in the Hague, check out Aveda Lifestyle Salon. I have a tendency to get my hair butchered when I go to any old salon, so I try to stick to brand name salons (I've never had a cut go wrong at Toni & Guy). I tried Aveda for the first time on Saturday, and it was not a bad experience and the price is not much different from the salons you'd find elsewhere in the Hague. For starters, the cut takes place on their second floor so that passerbys outside can't see you getting your cut. Then, they start you off with a short head, shoulder, and back massage. I've been to places that do head massage, but I've never had shoulder and back included. It's just too bad the girl I had was weak and sucked at the massage part. Next, they wash your hair like any other salon. The difference here is that you get a bed to lie on instead of one of those chairs that kill your neck when you get a wash. I requested a stylist (you can get a Jr. stylist, stylist, Sr. stylist, or a top stylist), and she was okay. She didn't ooze creativity or lavish skills, but she was very text book and took her time cutting my hair. After some of my past experiences, I much prefer that than someone who is scissor or razor happy. So overall, I think it's a good place to go. Also, they have tons of nice products. You could probably ask for a sample or two of something new to try. They are also open on Sundays, and it's not difficult to get an appointment, even on a weekend (I got mine the day before). The stylist I got was 48 euros, and I think there's about a 10 euro difference between the each level of stylist. Check out their website (link above) for contact info (they are located in the center).

No comments:

Post a Comment