Monday, August 6, 2007

Brugge, Belgium


On Sunday I took a day trip with some friends to Brugge. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from the Hague. I've always heard it's a nice place, but I assumed it was just like any other 'nice' city - meaning nice pretty houses that to me now are just normal. Perhaps because my expectations were low, I found it to be quite nice. The city has a medieval look to it, and it's on the UNESCO world heritage list. It's not too big to walk around and see the sights. The canal boat trips are also popular though we skipped it. Aside from walking around and seeing the nice buildings, we enjoyed bradwurst, waffles, frites, and chocolates. Mmm....
Pictures are here.

1 comment:

  1. Never been impressed by Brugge. Looks a lot like my home town but then bigger. And our church is also on the UNESCO list.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoutleeuw

    ReplyDelete