Saturday, August 27, 2005

Amsterdam

I made plans today to meet up with Stephen, a Dutch guy who gave me a lift from Queenstown to Milford Sound in NZ. We met at 1145 in the station, and I was pleasantly surprised that Matt had shown up too. He was the other guy who was traveling with Stephen when I met him. He was doing the actual driving and got a speeding ticket in NZ. Turns out they had chased him back to Holland and he ended up paying like 300 euros in fine….

Anyways, we walked around Amsterdam a bit, had a chat at a cafĂ©, and then we went on a canal ride. Matt had to leave in the afternoon, but Stephen and I spent rest of the day walking around Amsterdam. We walked through some festivals and street shows, and most of the neighborhoods. By 6, I had walked enough and caught the train home. But the day wasn’t over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment