Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Utrecht

Mikael, a French guy I met while in NZ, and I made plans to meet up tonight for dinner. Somehow there was a bit of miscommunication and I was at Den Haag Central while he waited for me at Utrecht. After about 30 minutes of waiting we realized what happened and I took the next train over to Utrecht. We walked around the city center area while chatting. The area had many canals like Amsterdam, and a big Cathedral. The area where we were was quite dead tho and nothing was open. We found a pub that had reasonably priced food and decided to eat there for dinner. I had Salmon, potatoes, and veggies, and it was probably the best meal I’ve had since arriving to Holland.

Mikael was here working, or training, in Amstelfoot for two weeks. He works for a railroad company back in France as an engineer, and is here to learn about the Netherlands railroad system. Sounds like he is enjoying his job. It’s almost two years now since we first met. Pretty cool that we got to meet up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment