Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hello, Netherlands!!

My flight arrived this morning in Schipol at 0700. It was a bumpy ride and the audio system didn't work well so I sat through 2/3 of Kingdom of Heaven having no idea what the hell was going on. I got home (staying with same roommate as before) around 8ish, and decided I'd go back to sleep for a bit thinking I'd get up by noon or so. Well, the next thing I know it's freakin' 5pm. I slept the day (a nice one at that) away. On top of that, I'm going to have a hard time shaking jet lag off. Good thing I don't have to be in work until Thursday.

The next couple of days will be apartment hunting and running miscellaneous errands - like opening a bank account, buying a bicycle, etc. Or, I could just end up sleeping in every day. That would suck.

3 comments:

  1. haha, first comment!

    Welcome to the Low Lands, Diana! Time of endless parties, bicycle trips, rainy weather and work (when there's time for it) has just begun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back!
    you better get used to the cold and the rain tho, looks like they forgot about summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kingdom of heaven... isn't that just a bunch of guys running around with swords? Ok, so I have the movie, I just haven't gotten around to watching it. More or less you see one you seen 'em all. :)

    So I haven't had a chance to ask, how bad was the seating from DC to your new home? Any sign of the sun since you have been there? Sounds like the rainy days will be supplemented with good times. Break out the Karaoke and DDR. My best wishes to all participants in advance!

    ReplyDelete