Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Home Sick

I hate having to write a bummer entry, but I guess I gotta be honest when portraying the life of the dancing nomad. So as the title states - I'm homesick. My karate instructor back home e-mailed me today to tell me about a mutual friend's baby, and how he's going for his 4th degree black belt. It got me thinking of all my friends back home who I miss very much, and karate. Back home if I had nothing else I always had karate. Now I just realized I have no hobby here in Holland!!! I have yet to find a martial-arts school to stick with, and I can hardly call traveling a hobby when I can't do it on a regular basis (once a month doesn't quite cut it). It hadn't bothered me up until now because things had been quite fun regardless. Recently though, things have been shaken up a bit and I feel like I have to find my place here all over again. I am still meeting new people and am hopeful of all being well again since I've done the moving thing so many times. For the moment though, I miss all of my friends and family back in the U.S., in Japan, and everywhere else. I've also got it in my head now to start practicing karate again. Maybe I'll just stick to my old style and go for my 2nd degree some day. I can't really think of any other hobby I'd like to take up. Snowboarding and hiking is no good since Holland has no mountains. Or maybe I'll take up dance lessons so I can be a professional dancing nomad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment