Friday, September 1, 2006

NyQuil Rules!

The good news is that my homesickness didn't last but a day or so. The bad news is, that few days later I came down with an actual cold I haven't been able to shake. I did manage to take a sick day off of work on Tuesday, but it's really hard to take these unexpected days off when you've only got a 38 hour work week and ~9 weeks off a year. So I drugged myself with Dutch meds and dragged myself into work only to still be miserable cuz the meds aren't working. Finally, in hopes of getting some peace last night knowing I could sleep in today, I resorted to taking my one last pill of NyQuil that I had left over from the U.S. And that drug does wonders. All discomfort gone. Unfortunately, it didn't have the knock-me-out effect that it usually does so I'm wide awake at 3am doing laundry, dishes, and blogging. Maybe I'll even do some work. I must be high. The effects aren't going to last past the morning though. Where do I find NyQuil in Holland?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. ...or try internet; I'm getting those e-mail all the time about some cheap blue pills (wat... how do they call them... vagria? vigria?... something lika that...) - they must have other stuff there as well...

    ReplyDelete