Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Party Party Party

I haven't had any fun posts lately, so I thought I'd write a quick update. Last Friday I went to a Tropicana Beach Party hosted by the Inter Agency Events. They do two big parties a year - one at start of the summer, and one at the end of the summer. They also have small events here and there through out the year. I've been to each of the last 4 parties they had, and this one was probably the most fun of them all. Usually the music sucks (I'm not into Eurobeat), it's crowded, there are long lines at the loo, and drinks are expensive (not that I ever buy my own drinks.) I had planned to skip this one, but I found out at last minute that friends who I hadn't seen in a while were going, so I decided to go to this one too. In the end, the music still sucked, but it was less crowded, and there were more interesting people to talk to than usual. So I had fun. The sad part is, I never manage to meet anyone outside of work. Maybe 'cuz I'm too busy having fun with people I know, but it would be nice to get to know a few people outside of work. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet here. I suppose it goes back to my earlier post about needing a hobby. Find a sport or something to do and I can meet people that way.

So this party on Friday lasted all night for the most part and Saturday was wasted. I did make it out to another party tho for some good ol' fashioned board games. Yes, I play board games. Board games aren't big here in Europe though, and I can see how it would be a bit difficult for foreigners to play anything based on English or American culture. Luckily, there are a few Americans around that are into games. I'm having a few non-Americans over this Saturday for a "housewarming" party so maybe I'll see how Cranium goes with these guys.

Anyways, I don't usually write about parties but things have been so uneventful otherwise. I thought I'd spare you an entry on how boring this Java Web Services training I am receiving this week is. Or a recap of Grey's Anatomy Season 2, which I've been watching every free chance I get lately. Things are going to get really busy pretty soon. This coming weekend will be my last weekend home until late October. Hopefully I'll have some interesting stories to tell then.

No comments:

Post a Comment