Saturday, January 13, 2007

Blue Man Group

Yesterday we went to go see the Blue Man Group in Amsterdam. If you are not aware of what that is, it is an off-broadway show starring three men, painted blue, that basically puts on a colorful percussion show with intermittent stints (see website reviews for more). The show is basically in a class of its own, with little in common with the typical singing, dancing, and acting routines on Broadway. While there is little in the show that moved me, I did find some of the stunts impressive. There was plenty to laugh at, although some of the performance required understanding of Dutch to enjoy. At 54 euros for a ticket, I think it is a bit over-priced for the 1.45 hour show, as everything is in Holland. I would be willing to go watch it again though, if I have the opportunity to go see it in English, and for a more reasonable U.S. or discount price.

No comments:

Post a Comment