Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tokyo Pictures Are Up

I just got back from my Tokyo trip. The trip overall was pretty good, although it was more like a visit home rather than a vacation. The only down side was that I didn't get along too well with my mom. We had some miscommunications that led to a lot of frustrations. I also tend to get irritated in general just talking to her. As much as I want to show her my appreciation for all she's done, I just wasn't successful. I didn't even go see her family, though I had intended to. Things were especially bad on the very last day and I broke out in tears at the thought of how my family had been so dysfunctional growing up and that we still are. Although I know that we all care about each other in our own ways, there's never any display of love or affection in my family. I am closest to my two brothers, but they each have their own family now and I often feel alone. I don't think my own choices significantly affect how my life turns out, but I hope that in five years I am in one of two positions - still enjoying traveling and new adventures, or married and starting a loving family of my own. However, if I were to choose which way to go today, I would vote for the latter.

Tokyo pictures are here.

1 comment:

  1. I finally had some time to catch up on reading your famous blogs. Well Di, you know I love you like a sister...so just remember the Jeffersons miss you lots :)

    ReplyDelete