Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Boycott: Motorola and Cingular

We all know cell phone service providers suck. There were countless times when I felt screwed by them but I will save you all the details. But I will tell you about the final straw that lead me to my boycott campaign of the 2 companies.

I was never particularly happy with Cingular, but after 3 years of being a faithful customer, they refused to give me the unlock code to the phone so I can use a European SIM card while in Holland. Not only did they refuse, the service rep was very rude and adamant that 'they did not do that' (unlock phones). Bullshit. After much hassle, I finally got the unlock code. But the f***ing phone still does not work with the SIM card here. I have a Motorola v60gi. It's advertised as a GSM/triband phone, and I was told by Cingular I could use the phone overseas. A bit of searching on the web reveals that v60 was defective. Cingular never told me about any defects. It takes a lot to get me angry and Cingular is really pissing me off. Motorola is on the boycott list simply because the phone isn't working like it should.

I didn't exactly spend hours researching to confirm the exact problem, but if anyone knows anything about Motorola v60's (maybe it's not really a triband phone? is it too late to make any claims if it is indeed defective?), let me know. In the meantime, boycott Cingular and Motorola... and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment