Sunday, January 1, 2006

Happy New Year!

First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year. May 2006 be the best year ever. I, for one, am looking forward to all that may happen this year since 2005 has not exactly been a great year for me. According to my friend who performed a Japanese fortune telling on me back in June, things generally come in 12 year cycles and 2004 was my worst year in that cycle. My cycle goes something like this:

2004 Bottom
2005 Liquidation
2006 Cultivation
2007 Growth
2008 Decision
2009 Health
2010 Popularity
2011 Affair
2012 Restart
2013 Economy
2014 Repletion
2015 Betrayal
2016 Bottom

It is true, that since like May 2004 to May 2005, life for me has sucked a lot relative to the years before. Things are looking up though. I'm not sure what I am going to be cultivating this year, but I do have lots planned. If all goes according to plan, I will have gotten my black belt and my Masters degree, successfully completed another 2 months work in Holland, gone on a pilgrimage to Japan, and found a real job and settled down somewhere by end of this year. (By the way, I am not looking forward to 2011 and 2015... not that I really believe in stuff like this.)

Anyways, I rang the new year in with an old friend I hadn't seen much lately. We had a lot to talk about and catch up on, so it was very nice. Then I caught up with a visiting friend as she was about to leave town and broke my new year's resolution in the process. My new year's resolution was to 'eat more healthy.' Well, I chose Dunkin' Donuts as a meeting place (for lack of better choices really) so we can grab a quick bite to eat. Of course I could've purchased a bagel but I went for the glazed donuts. Tsk tsk.... I hope I am better about the other things I want to accomplish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment