Saturday, April 1, 2006

Boycott: H&R Block and TaxCut

I hate taxes. What I hate even more are tax programs that come with bad service. I used the H&R Block's online services provided by TaxCut. As if it wasn't bad enough that I have to pay taxes, I had to waste time trying to deal with the online tax program. I had a few problems while trying to do the taxes (e.g. unsupported forms, broken links) but I managed to somehow get it done. After I paid for the online services (for both federal and state taxes), I still had problems (e.g. could not review my return before submitting, could not e-file state return because of an error that I can't seem to correct) so I wanted to get a refund. I wasn't too confident in the accuracy of my filing so I figured it'd be prudent to take it into a professional tax advisor, too. I called 1-800-HRBLOCK only to wait 10 minutes before reaching customer service. Apparently the people I got through to were technical support so they transferred me to another number, where I waited another 5-10 minutes. After I got through here, it was still the wrong department so I got transferred again. So I am holding for the representative here, which was going to be about 10 minutes also. And then my cordless phone's battery dies. Undeterred, I pick up another phone and call back. More waiting and a few transfers later, I finally get a hold of someone who can put in the refund request. Supposedly I'll get a confirmation on Monday. I hope they don't make me waste anymore time.

No comments:

Post a Comment