Sunday, April 23, 2006

Washington, D.C.

The last stop on this trip is a stop in D.C. to see Milinda, one my closest friends and one of the first few people I got to know in college. She has a new apartment just 10-15 minutes walk from the mall so I spent a few hours walking around there today. I'd been to D.C. several times already, but I never get tired of coming here. I love all of the monuments and memorials, buildings, the museums, the zoo, etc. And you know what the best part of it all is? That it's all free to visit!!! The mall area, monuments, and memorials all have a park like feeling too, so there are many great places to relax. Many people also run, blade, or bike around these areas. Also, there is no better city in the U.S., in my opinion, where you can learn so much about the country. Granted, culturally, there are differences across cities all over. Still, a lot about the U.S.'s history and politics can be learned here through the museums and the organizations that exist here.

With all the things to do in D.C., relatively good weather, friends, and abundance of jobs, this is the place I would have chosen to live had I not taken the Europe offer. Still, it is a place I would like to come back to and live in someday. It was a tough choice to make, to move overseas, but it is a great career move, and a great opportunity to experience more traveling. The Europe offer may not always be around, but I can always come back to D.C. later when I'm ready to move back to the U.S.

I forgot to bring my camera with me today, so sorry there are no pictures. There will be a next time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment