Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dead Easter Bunnies


This is a very sad story (and not for the faint of heart). My brother was mowing the lawn when he saw bunch of baby bunnies scatter. Turns out he mowed over a bunny nest :( One bunny was still left in the nest, bleeding from the nose. It died a few minutes later. Even my usually heartless brother felt really bad. But apparently not bad enough to stop mowing the lawn. My sister-in-law and I had to go search for all the other bunnies and put them in a safe place. We found five others, and a sixth one, who was also bleeding from the nose but alive. We didn't see any external injuries tho.... We should've called a vet or something, but we just moved it to a safe location. The breathing kept getting weaker and weaker. I think it's dead now. After my brother finished mowing, we recreated a nest (we ended up burying the other one with the dead bunny) and put the healthy bunnies there. I hope their mother comes back to feed them tonight.

For anyone who encounters a similar situation, here's some info on what to do.

I'll spare you the photos of the dead bunnies... happy Easter.

4 comments:

  1. You've got photos of the dead bunny?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent them to the recycle bin.... It was pretty disturbing. Do you want me to restore it and send it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. another good deed, Di! big hug to you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that. It was an accident, not on purpose. It was good other bunnies were safe. I hope you, your brother, his wife recover yourselves.

    ReplyDelete