Friday, April 21, 2006

New York, NY

Getting There

I had to go to D.C. for the weekend, so I decided I would head out a few days early and swing up to NYC to see some friends from when I used to live there. It's a 6-7 hour drive from VB and soon as I came up to the Lincoln tunnel, I started reliving what I hated about NYC - the traffic. It was painful getting into the city, and just as painful getting to where I was staying. I was swearing up & down I was never coming back again. But seeing all my friends again in the end made it absolutely worth it.

Central Park

I really only had one full day in the city and I decided this would be a day in the Central Park. I've never actually seen the park in its entirety so I made it a mission; and it was an absolutely beautiful day for it. I walked around the park from bottom to top and back, while stopping at nearly all major points points of interest, in about 6 hours. There was so much to see
and I don't think I can do it any justice by trying to describe it all so I will just refer you to this website: http://www.centralpark.com/

The flowers were also in full bloom all around the park. The Shakespeare Garden and the Conservatory Garden probably were the most beautiful. Who needs to go to Holland to see flowers?



Distfin Reunion

I worked for a great team when I was in NY. We had a lot of good times together - tho most were in bars. My old team is pretty much dispersed now across different offices, but many of them came out for good ol' times sake. It was really great to see everybody.

1 comment:

  1. For the mysterious but enchanting pix of you in Central Park, where's my photo credit?

    ReplyDelete