Sunday, September 11, 2005

Antwerp, Belgium


Boy, was I tired. I guess the late nights have finally caught up. I got up about 11, and caught the 1:05 train to Antwerp. I had just missed the bus tour, but just as well since Antwerp is small enough to walk around. It was about 15 minutes walk to the historical center where Cathedral of Our Lady and the Town Hall is. Couple blocks down is also the river, and another couple blocks from the center is the St. Paul’s Church. Today is like open monument day or something, and most places were open to visitors. The weather was kinda crappy, so I walked into the church and found it to be, probably, the most beautiful church I have ever been in. It wasn’t gray and dark inside like most churches were. Instead, it was bright with beautiful paintings and sculptures. After checking out the different areas of the church, I sat in the pew and listened to the organ playing for a little while. It was peaceful. After the church, I stood in the line to tour the Town Hall. The line was considerably shorter by now, but it was still a good 20 minute wait I think. The tour wasn’t in English tho, so I broke from it and walked around a bit myself and took off. Just in time to buy more chocolates, eat Japanese noodles for dinner, and catch the 1830 train home.

No comments:

Post a Comment