Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sports Day In Brussels

Today was sports day in Brussels!! Mimi could not go, but Lukasz, Isabel, Cedric, and Marco all went. I sat next to Lukasz on the ride up and we played cards with Cedric and Isabel. Once there, we grabbed lunch with a few other people. Lukasz then went for a swim, and I went to bowling at 2. They were so unorganized tho, so by 3 o’clock, I’d only played one game. I think the lanes were pretty crappy, because I played so horribly. Anyhow, at that point, I took off to go play table tennis. Didn’t win, but I did pretty good for not having played in ages. And I had fun. After table tennis, I went to the field to run, but soccer was still going on. Lukasz and Isabel were playing. I saw Lukasz in action here and there, but he was also chilling a lot on the ground. I guess he was going to go for a swim again, but I did not have my swim suit and was planning to run. He and Isabel took off and I did about 10 laps around the track for some exercise. Afterwards, I borrowed Cedric’s tennis rackets to play with Lukasz and Isabel. I first hit a bit with Lukasz, but he couldn’t get the ball in the court much. Then I played with Isabel. Seemed like we were on the same level so that was good. Then Cedric came along and took over Isabel. He was about my level too. We played until about 5:30, at which point I had to go shower so we can be at the bbq at 6. The bbq wasn’t really a bbq but more of a buffet. Lots of wieners for dinner. By now, I was starting to fade. I was tired from last night. I pretty much slept the whole way back on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment