Saturday, October 8, 2005

Beaufort, Luxembourg


I was supposed to take the train yesterday to Brussels to go to Gorik’s place, but there was a train strike in Belgium. I had to go to Roosendaal, last stop in Holland, and Gorik drove like an hour to pick me up. I stayed the night at his place, and in the morning we got up early and took off for Beaufort, Luxembourg. It was about a three hour drive, during which time I subjected the poor guy to my bad music and bad singing. To make matters worse, he was sick but I dragged him on a 6 hour hike (although it was more like a walk) once in Beaufort. As I said, it wasn’t so much of a hike as it was a walk through nature trails, but it was still nice.

During the hike, we kept getting lost because the sign postings were really bad and did not match up to our maps much. So what shoulda been a 4 hour walk turned into a 6 hour one. Once done, we checked into our hostel, showered, and went to a nearby town for dinner & desert. Luxembourg has a lot of cute towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment