Saturday, October 29, 2005

Going Home

Sasha gave me a ride to the train station where Lukasz was waiting for me to help me with my luggage. He already had train tickets for me, and we hopped on the 0930 train to Schipol. We piled my luggage at the back of the car, and sat in the back row facing the center. 3 minutes later, I turned around and my fucking backpack was gone!!! The train hadn’t left yet so Lukasz ran out looking, but I think it was long gone. We got off the train to make a police report, but there was no police to report to at Central Station. We ended up catching the next train to Schipol and filing a report there. Unlike Mimi, who missed her plane last Sunday, we got there a good 2.5 hrs early. But, because I had to get through security, I had to go in early. I was doing so well when we had to part… smiling and all. Soon as I lost sight of him tho, I lost it and started crying. I am going to miss him….

The flight was painless. Decent food and decent movies (I watched Batman Begins and Fantastic 4). The flight even arrived like 30 minutes early. I was also able to get a standby flight on an earlier connection back to Norfolk so I got home like an hour early. But my luggage stayed on the original flight so I had absolutely no luggage with me when I got home (I didn’t feel like waiting around for it at the airport).

No comments:

Post a Comment