Sunday, March 5, 2006

Book Review: Deception Point

Deception Point, by Dan Brown, was the third book I read by the author. I've already read his bestsellers - Da Vinci's Code, and Angels and Demons. While the first two books I read focused more on religion and beliefs, this one is more about science and politics. The gist of the plot is that NASA makes a monumental discovery and it becomes the job of an intelligence analyst to find the truth behind it. As with his other books, Brown does an excellent job of playing the devil's advocate in conflict, this time between those interested in national security and those interested in scientific truth or knowledge. By now, I could guess though that nothing is as it seems in his books and much of the plot in Deception Point was predictable. I found it less thrilling than the others, but nonetheless, it kept me interested enough to keep picking it up. The book also satisfied the science fiction lover in me, but did not provide any thought provoking scientific insight for the knowledge seeker in me.

If you like Dan Brown's, also check out Digital Fortress.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I still thing Dan Brown is 'Umberto Eco lite'... I prefer real stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete