Friday, March 3, 2006

Crazy Pianos

I raved about Crazy Pianos (CP) last year, but I am going to do it again since I didn't have a blog then. Yesterday was the last day of a major exercise. So to celebrate, many people from work, and all the other participants that were here for the last three weeks for the exercise, showed up at CP last night. And once again I had a blast.

As you might have guessed, CP is a piano bar. It's much better than Crocodile Rocks back home. The atmosphere here is more lively, and people actually dance here. Or is that just people I know that dance? Unless it's a Saturday, there's usually enough room for dancing. Even enough room to throw my arms around and kick and turn and move around the floor instead of being stuck in one spot amongst a crowd. Perhaps you are now getting an image of me doing some sort of dorky white boy dancing. Let me assure you tho, first, that I am no white boy - I'm a girl; and second, that I am not the Dancing Nomad without a reason. Also, being in a foreign country, it's just really nice to hear good ol' American classics I can sing along to. There are occasional Dutch and other countries' songs thrown in, but that just gives me an excuse to run to the bathroom or rest between songs. Anyways, CP ruled once again.

On a down note, I have no plans for the weekend. My dancing/movie partner is busy both Fri/Sat nights and I don't know what to do with myself now. Most of those exercise participants are gone by now too. I'm not about to do anything that involves being outdoors. Been to Amsterdam, Mauritshuis, the Aquarium.... Perhaps I'll check out the torture museum or do that CSI marathon I actually never got around to doing couple weeks back. I also have a few books I've been planning to read. Right now tho, I am spending my Friday night updating this damn blog. How lame. But check out my new flickr photostream thingy on the sidebar... it's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment