Friday, March 17, 2006

The Future is Bright

Today was the day I was waiting for. I received the official "Congratulations!" letter from my office. I've just finished my fifth month of working here as a temporary contractor and I couldn't think of any place else where I'd rather work. Holland isn't all that, BUT I enjoy the work and the people in the office here very much. And I do have fun here. Plus, can you say "10 weeks of vacation"? Yep, I said 10 weeks. 6 weeks (30 days) of vacation time and 3 weeks (17 days) official holidays every year, AND 2 weeks of home leave every other year. Now where else but in Europe can you get time off like that?

If you know my travel habits, you know that this is the ideal job for me. I spent most of yesterday thinking about what I would do if I could take 4 weeks off over the Christmas and New Year holidays. I'm definitely going somewhere warm - i.e. the Southern hemisphere. I thought about South America (I have a friend in Venezuela), an overland tour in East Africa, or back to OZ or NZ. Still up in the air, but if anyone has suggestions, let me know!!

Okay, so barring anything unexpected from happenning, I am shooting to be back in Europe by June 1. I have all of April and May to hang out in the U.S. and enjoy the spring. Of course, I have a few things to take care of like taxes, school, moving.... For now though, I am off to Avoriaz tomorrow for the week. Then I fly back to the U.S. on 3/26. Btw, for those of you who had my 704 cell phone #, I no longer have that #. I'll probably get some prepaid thing when I get back. So... don't try to reach me by phone until you get my new contact info.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great job! You told me your #1 aspiration was a job with lots of vacation and I laughed but, damn, 10 weeks!! Puts everything in perspective.

    I'm jealous of the Alpes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this comment is long overdue but... congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. My first day back at the office, so finally time to catch up on blogs... B4 or B5?

    ReplyDelete