Sunday, March 5, 2006

Four Seasons

Last night Lukasz and I went over to Trond's apartment for dinner and to watch Brothers Grimm. Trond cooked chicken, French style, which was excellent. As always, dinner at his house is high class - coupled with champagne, wine, desert, the works. The movie, which stars Matt Damon and Heath Ledger, was less interesting though. It was rated #1 as far as DVD rentals here in the Netherlands go, but I wanted to fall asleep soon after starting to watch it. Trond called it a "medieval Ghostbusters".... I did not care for the Ghostbusters either. But I chose the movie so I only have myself to blame.

The night progressed onto a bit more drinking for the guys and Jenga - Trond's all time favorite game. We play it so much tho that we had to get creative in how we stacked the blocks. I keep telling him to invest in Truth or Dare Jenga to make things interesting, but maybe we (being colleagues) aren't the right crowd for it. Some where around 2 or so, I fell asleep on the couch. We'd already missed the last tram home so we ended up crashing there.

I woke up this morning on the couch to a howling blizzard outside. I'm thinking... shit, I gotta go home in this weather? But as soon as the guys were up, it was sunny out. And then we sat down for breakfast, and it's snowing again!!! And it was sunny again after breakfast. Lukasz and I finally left Trond's perhaps a bit before noon and decided to enjoy the nice day... I mean hour... by walking home. We took a detour through a walking trail near home when again... a blizzard hit. Okay, a blizzard's a bit of an overstatement, but with the wind here, if it snows, it's a blizzard to me. So I'm get home, jeans soaking wet. That's Holland for you....

Anyways, I will probably be posting some book reviews shortly. I just finished reading A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke. I also have couple other books I read in the last few months which I'll comment a bit on too. A bit late, but here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment