Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Life in Siberia

I'm still in Holland... but I might as well be in Siberia!! It is the first of March and I am experiencing perhaps the coldest day of my life. That cold spell in Russia pretty much spilled over to Europe this winter. Today, I woke up to a blizzard outside (it rarely snows here though). It's probably only been a few degrees below zero but with the freakin' North Sea wind, I bet it's like -20 or something like that. All I know is that I feel like a popsicle when I'm outside.

I've been having a hell of a time trying to stay warm here while back home, everyone is enjoying the warmest winter ever. Seriously, I do everything in my power to spend the least amount of time possible outdoors. I suck up the 5-15 minute walk to the gym and grocery store about twice a week, and to and from the car for work. Unfortunately, I get invited out for dinners and what nots, so I do have to leave the house at other times too.

Not that it's all that warm in the house. My roommate doesn't get so cold easily, and the heating system isn't all that great here. So the room temperature doesn't get warm enough for my comfort. I'm already in sweats, but I usually need to be wrapped in a blanket. Kees does let me put the thermostat up, but he charges me 10 euros for every degree I turn up.

4 comments:

  1. eh... correction, i'm not that cheap. And my utensils are also not as flimsy as the blogger claims them to be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just giving you shit about being cheap. But your utensils are flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too late Kees, your reputation is ruined forever ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaa. You have it so rough. So are you gonna cough up a ticket so I can come visit?. hehe..

    U know I luv you.. just the way you are.

    P.S. Hey your a computer geek. If you can, try to learn how to make a vector file of you and I'll do an airbrush portrait of ya.
    OH. do you read these posts?

    Love DAD

    ReplyDelete